This is the last of twelve posts on our safari in Tanzania. Check out our other posts here:
- One Week of Glorious Safari-ing in Tanzania
- 15 Tips for Better Safari-ing in Tanzania
- Moving in to the Maramboi Tented Camp
- The Elephants at Tarangire National Park
- The Start of the Great Migration: Lake Manyara
- 2 Nights at the Kitela Lodge
- A Close Encounter with a Lion at the Ngorongoro Crater
- Safari-ing in the Ngorongo Park: Day 1
- Glamping at Ndutu Under Canvas in the Serengeti
- Simba and the Rest of the Pride in the Serengeti
- Giraffe for Breakfast? Day 2 at the Ngorongo Park
- Hippo Serenade: Sleeping at the Lake Masek Tented Camp
For our last night in Africa, Mrs. Selfish and I stayed at the Lake Masek Tented Camp, a group of permanent tents on the shores of Lake Masek.
Unlike our accommodations at the Ndutu Under Canvas Safari Camp, the Lake Masek Tented Camp is a permanent lodge – where the “tents” are built on wooden platforms. The main lodge is pretty modern, with modern plumbing, wifi, and unlimited free booze.