This is the tenth of eleven posts on Taiwan. Check out our other posts here:
- Time for Taiwan: An Introduction
- 5 Nights at the Haunted Grand Hyatt Taipei
- Sweating to Taipei’s National Sites
- Taking it to the Streets: Taipei’s Night Markets
- Hiking Elephant Mountain
- Taipei’s Cheap Eats: Savory Edition
- Taipei’s Cheap Eats: Sweets Edition
- Heading to Green Island
- Green Island’s Sites
- Hiking Taroko Gorge, Part 1
- Hiking Taroko Gorge, Part 2
Mrs. Selfish and I departed Green Island, heading North to the Taroko Gorge National Park.
One of Taiwan’s premiere natural tourist attractions, the park is named after it’s magnificently large gorge. While the gorge itself is quite beautiful, it is also quite dangerous. When we were there several of the trails were closed due to rock slides, which is apparently a fairly common occurrence.
Totally worth the (slight) risk, however. Check out the views!