This is the third of seven posts on the Selfish’s customized Game of Thrones tour. Check out the other posts here:
- The Selfish’s Very Own Game of Thrones Tour
- Day 1 in N. Ireland: The Haunted Forest, Winterfell, and the Twins
- Day 2 in N. Ireland: The Iron Islands, King’s Road, and the Red Woman
- Day 3 in N. Ireland: Dragonstone and Renly’s Camp
- Day 4 in Croatia: Crashing a Braavos Set and the Masters
- Day 5 in Croatia: Walking in Khaleesi’s footsteps in Meereen
- Day 6 in Croatia: From King’s Landing to Qarth to the House of the Undying
During Day 1 of our Game of Thrones Tour, Mrs. Selfish and I drove from Dublin to Belfast, which was a bit too fast if I’m honest.
Availability to Ireland was tight, so I ended up booking us on 2 Red-eyes to Dublin – TWO! I didn’t even think that was possible, but it is if you do one red-eye to Charlotte North Carolina, crash in a Hyatt Place for 6 hours, then jump on another red-eye to Dublin.
So yeah, kind of brutal. Fortunately, by Day 2 of our unofficial Game of Thrones tour, the jetlag was starting to wear off. Partially thanks to an excellent sleep at the Hilton Belfast, star hotel of Season 1 of “The Fall.”
Yes! A cameo show location WITHIN another show location tour. Wha??
Ok, ok. So no one watches The Fall. But you should – it is an excellent show about a cop (Gillian Anderson) hunting down a serial murderer in Belfast. Plus, said serial killer is played by the dude that’s slated to be Christian Grey in the upcoming 50 Shades of Grey adaptation (squeal!). But again, I digress…
Day 2 saw us jumping back in the car and tackling Northern Ireland’s North Eastern coast. Despite Northern Ireland’s notoriously shitty weather, it is absolutely gorgeous.