This is the third of twelve posts on our safari in Tanzania. Check out our other posts here:
- One Week of Glorious Safari-ing in Tanzania
- 15 Tips for Better Safari-ing in Tanzania
- Moving in to the Maramboi Tented Camp
- The Elephants at Tarangire National Park
- The Start of the Great Migration: Lake Manyara
- 2 Nights at the Kitela Lodge
- A Close Encounter with a Lion at the Ngorongoro Crater
- Safari-ing in the Ngorongo Park: Day 1
- Glamping at Ndutu Under Canvas in the Serengeti
- Simba and the Rest of the Pride in the Serengeti
- Giraffe for Breakfast? Day 2 at the Ngorongo Park
- Hippo Serenade: Sleeping at the Lake Masek Tented Camp
Mrs. Selfish and I arrived in Tanzania around midnight, on our direct flight from Istanbul. We were greeted, by Francis, our driver for our 7 day-safari, who took us to Arusha for our short overnight stay. The next morning we woke up early and drove to our first real accommodation, the Maramboi Tented Camp.
Located near the Tarangire National Park, the Maramboi Tented Camp is a group of 3 dozen or so permanent tents, located a short distance from Lake Manyara. As a result, there are tons of animals nearby.