This is post five of twelve on our autumn trip to South Korea. Check out the other posts in this series here:
- Back for One Last Score: Intro to our Korean Babymoon
- 4 Nights at the Stylish Park Hyatt Seoul
- Checking Out Seoul’s Spirits
- Eating Our Way Through Seoul
- Seoul’s Other Palaces
- Staying at the Hilton Gyeongju
- Visiting the Silla Kingdom: 1 Day in Gyeongju
- 4 Nights is Not Enough at the Park Hyatt Busan
- Temple Time in Busan
- Tricked out Again: The Busan Trick Eye Museum
- Busan BBQ: A Mixed Bag
- 14 Hours in Hong Kong: Protests, Dim Sum & Giant Buddhas
The first time we visited Seoul, we managed to hit Seoul’s top 2 palaces, the Changdeokgung Palace and the Gyeongbokgung Palace. Both palaces were very beautiful and I highly recommend visiting each one if you’re visiting Seoul for the first time.
Since this was our second time visiting Seoul, however, Mrs. Selfish and I decided to hit up the two palaces we had missed during our Selfish Year trip – the Deoksugung Palace and the Changgyeonggung Palace.
Yeah, they have a White House-looking building. Weird, huh?